Thank you for supporting Emmanuel with your time, talents and resources. We are all part of the family and each contribution is used by God to make a difference in lives here in Victoria and around the world. All the ministries at Emmanuel are funded by your donations. From our student dinners, to our local and international mission partners, from our Sunday worship services to the maintenance of our property, it is all made possible by generosity.
Ways to give.
1. Monthly Direct Transfer. We encourage you to contact the office to register for automatic fund transfers. With no transaction fees and simple processing, this giving plan is our preferred way to receive your gifts.
2. Offering Envelopes. If you prefer to give by cash or cheque, and enjoy the act of giving in the worship service, we invite you to contact the church office and sign up for personalized envelopes. Feel free to use the envelopes in the pew, but it helps our volunteers if you register for numbered envelopes. Cash and cheques can all be received by mail or in person during office hours.
3. Interac eTransfer: You can now donate using Interac eTransfer, please read instructions:
- Log onto your banking website.
- Click on the “Interac eTransfer” tab (usually on the left hand side) of the bank’s website.
- Enter the amount.
- In the “Message” window, indicate what the funds are for (General Budget, Hazel Merritt, etc.). You can designate to several accounts if you like. Those figures will then be entered in our tax software.
- There is no password required and the funds are deposited immediately into the church’s bank account for a very nominal Interac fee (typically $0.50 to $1.00).
- Our bank statement clearly shows who the funds are from for easy reconciliation and tax receipt recording.
- Click “Send”.
Emmanuel’s Teller Clerk will receive an email notification that the transfer has occurred.
4. Online giving through Tithe.ly. Download the App or use this website to make a donation with your debit or credit card. Sometimes this is the most convenient way to give. Because there are transaction costs, we invite you to select the option to cover the costs and if you are setting up a recurring transaction to use option 1. More info on Tithe.ly
5. Giving of Stocks and Securities. There are some tax advantages to this form of giving. We can process such gifts through the CBWC foundation. Contact the church office to make these arrangements.
Your donations to Emmanuel will qualify for an income tax receipt if you supply your contact information. Tax receipts are issued in February of the next year. At Emmanuel we take your privacy seriously. Your giving is between you and God. Our pastors and leaders do not know who gives or how much. Only a few trusted volunteers have access to your giving information.