Giving Your Tithes & Offerings at Emmanuel
…”through us your generosity will result in Thanksgiving to God.” (2 Cor 9:11)
Thank you for supporting Emmanuel with your time, talents and resources. We are all part of a family, and each
contribution is used by God to make a difference in lives here in Victoria and around the world. All the ministries at
Emmanuel are funded by your donations. From student dinners to local and international mission partners, from our Sunday worship services to the maintenance of our property, it is all made possible by your generosity.
Your donations to Emmanuel will qualify for an income tax receipt if you supply your contact information. Tax receipts are issued in February of the next year.
At Emmanuel we take your privacy seriously. Your giving is between you and God. Our pastors and leaders do not
know who gives or how much. Only a few trusted volunteers have access to your giving information.
1. Visitor EnvelopesAvailable in the pews and at entry. These are intended for infrequent use. If you require a tax receipt, please identify yourself clearly and provide your full address. If you do not require a tax receipt please leave the envelope blank.
2. Numbered Offering EnvelopesIf you prefer giving by cash or cheque, enjoy the act of giving in the worship service and intend to give regularly, please contact the church office (any time throughout the year) to receive numbered envelopes. Numbered envelopes are more private, accurate and easier to process than visitor envelopes.
3. Interac eTransferTransfer funds to firstname.lastname@example.org Funds are deposited directly into the church bank account; no password is required. Designations can be specified in the message box. Note, the only identifying info the teller clerk sees is your e-mail address and the name your bank has associated with your account so please add more identifying info in the message box if necessary and be sure the office has your address for your tax receipt. If you're making the same donation monthly consider automating this with DEFT.
4. Direct Electronic Fund Transfer (DEFT)With little administrative overhead, this method is our preferred way to receive your gifts. We encourage you to contact the office to register for automatic monthly fund transfers from your bank. Designations can be specified.
5. Tithe.lyDownload the app or use the church's Tithe.ly page:
Make a donation with your debit or credit card. A 3% processing fee will be charged by Tithe.ly. Automatically recurring donations can be set up. Designations are not possible at this time. See:
for more information.
6. The Church OfficeThe church office can receive cash and cheques by mail or in person during office hours.
7. Giving of Stocks and Securities
There can be significant tax advantage to this form of giving. We can process such gifts through the CBWC foundation. Contact the church Finance Coordinator to make these arrangements.